- $25,000 and 2,000 Pounds of Food and Clothing Donated! Released July 8, 2011
The Yakama Nation has been a very significant part of our family and business for over 30 years. As we have partnered with several tribal enterprises, each of the tribal member-owned convenience stores, and operating our own locations in Grandview, Mabton, Toppenish and Yakima we have appreciated the support we have received over the years from this community.
We felt the pain when our customers, family of customers and family of employees were affected by the devastating fire in February. This is why we developed the 2-part project we called the White Swan Fire Relief Effort. It has been inspiring to see the way the community has rallied around this relief effort! (Read the press release)
- R.E. Powell Team Members Raise Over $6,000 for United Way at Christmas Party Released December 22, 2009
Amid a national economic crisis Powell–Christensen, Inc. employees showed up to their annual Christmas party not just ready to celebrate the year but with a charitable heart. Each department within the company formed at least one team. Each team and even some charitable individuals prepared gift baskets to be auctioned off. Baskets ranged from cuddly movie packages to the outdoorsman's dream package to delectable baked goods prepared by the Dayton Ameristar. Items were auctioned off either in a silent auction or in a live auction. Donated packages of all shapes and sizes sold from $25 to over $270. By the end of the night team members raised over $6,334 for United Way.
- R.E. Powell Crushers Crush the Competition at the 2009 Grandview Grape Stomp Released September 15, 2009
- R.E. Powell brought the 2009 Great Grandview Grape Stomp corporate trophy back to their Grandview headquarters this past weekend. Donato Garcia, Austin Bunch, and Stan Petersen teamed up to keep their knees high and their feet moving to smash grapes into the most juice out of all corporate teams. R.E. Powell had won the trophy in 2007 but came in third in 2008. The company is proud to have the 2009 trophy proudly displayed in the main office.
- R.E. Powell Fights Hunger with Thousands of Pounds of Food Released December 21, 2008
- Powell-Christensen, Inc. companies joined forces to collect food for the United Way. Over 100 boxes weighing in excess of 3,000 pounds were collected this holiday season. The boxes were all delivered to the company's annual Christmas party in Richland. The following Monday the boxes were delivered to United Way. In addition to the food drive the company held silent and live auctions to raise money for United Way. Individuals and department teams donated gift baskets to be auctioned off. The auction raised $4,850 for United Way this year.
- R.E. Powell Wins Corporate Award at Lower Valley Relay for Life Released May 18, 2007
- R.E. Powell took home the 1st place award at this year's Lower Valley Relay for Life. R.E. Powell employees raised money through yard sales, bake sales and even a live auction to raise $6,225 and earn 1st place in the Corporate division at this year's Relay for Life.